Annual Conference is only a couple weeks away! Get pumped. To prep yourself for the weekend, do the following:
What To Do Before WE13
- Download the WE13 app for iPhone or Android. Best decision ever: it is a godsend with everything from the complete conference schedule to a map of the facilities.
- Catch the replay of the WE13 Orientation Webinar, which provides tips and guidance on how conference attendees can get the most of their conference experience.
- Plan your conference days out using the SWE Conference Schedule (particularly notable are the seminars spanning the 7 Professional Development Tracks).
- Make sure your housing and transportation is set!
What To Do At WE13
- Kick off the Conference by attending the iScream Social and costume contest. We’re taking tradition in a spooky new direction: it’s going to be social, and it’s going to be fun. We’re going to have plenty of Halloween treats without any of the tricks. We’re also going to have a costume contest with prizes awarded for Best Overall Costume, Best Baltimore Inspired Costume and Best Engineering Inspired.
- Join us for Region E-specific meetings in room BCC 327 on Thursday, 10/24.
- Professional meeting: 12:45-1:45 pm
- Joint Professional-Collegiate meeting: 1:45-2:45 pm
- Collegiate meeting: 2:45-3:45 pm
- Take plenty of resumes to hand out to the 250+ companies at the SWE Career Fair.
- Visit the Spark Center to connect, learn about SWE history, charge your devices, and even get a manicure! In addition, the WE13 team is running a video contest relating to this year’s conference theme of “Make Connections. Make History.” We’d like to know what that theme means to you. We’re inviting attendees to submit a short video that best illustrates the theme as it relates to your journey in engineering and technology. Three winners will be selected and featured in the Spark Center (formerly the Lava Lounge) at WE13. Winners will also receive: First place: $150 gift card, Second place: $100 gift, Third place: $50 gift card.
- Shop at the SWE Boutique for immeasurable amounts of awesome SWE-themed swag.
- SWE members and WE13 conference attendees are invited to the Invent It. Build It. EXPO on Saturday, October 26. This event is an open house from 11am – 3pm and will be held at the Baltimore Convention Center 4th floor ballroom. 50 exhibitors will share information about engineering clubs, camps, after-school programs, competitions, best practices, outreach grants and more. For more information contact Randy Freedman, SWE Outreach Manager at email@example.com.
- New this year are Mega Sessions, high-level, thought-provoking sessions designed to engage attendees on a range of topics. The Mega Session speakers are thought leaders in their respective fields and will share new ideas and perspective that you can apply to your career. Following the conference, most of the Mega Sessions will be available for replay through the WE13 Virtual Conference portal.
- Tweet updates throughout the conference using #WE13 and follow @SWEtalk to get details only available on social media!.
We’ll see you there!