Are YOU ready for conference?
SWE members from throughout the region will congregate at Virginia Tech during March 28-30 at this year’s Region E Conference. The theme is Engineer the Future; you will indeed have the opportunity to shape your own future and those of others by connecting with collegiate and professional attendees. More information about the conference is here: http://www.sweregioneconference.org/
Here’s what to get excited about!
- Welcome Networking Reception: Hosted on Friday, March 28, from 6-9 pm in the Hillcrest Dining Room VT, get to meet collegiates and professionals from throughout the region. If you’re signed up for the Region Mentoring Program, you’ll also have the opportunity to meet your mentor(s)/mentee(s)!
- Career Fair: Interested in finding an internship or a job? 21 company and graduate schools are scheduled to be in attendance. Update your resume and print at least 10 copies to distribute to recruiters. Don’t forget to practice your introduction/elevator pitch before talking with a recruiter.
- Workshops: This year’s conference will feature six different tracks/themes: Collegiate, Professional Development, Personal Development, Beyond the Textbook, Technical, SWE. You’ll have four different opportunities throughout the main day of conference to explore, share ideas, and learn. Do some research here to choose which ones you’re interested in attending.
- Collegiate Meeting: Mark your calendar for Saturday, March 29, from 3:15 to 4:15 pm; we’ll be meeting in Assembly Hall to discuss region news, share best practices, and hear from our FY15 Region Collegiate Leadership candidates.
- Banquet: Celebrate the region’s accomplishments with conference attendees and network with members from other sections! Region awards will also be announced at the event. The special occasion will be from 6:30-9 pm in Latham AB.
Most importantly, enjoy your time at conference! This conference will help you grow in SWE and forge many relationships with our region’s members.
See you all at Virginia Tech in a couple weeks!