As we get deeper into FY18, you may have some questions or are seeking advice regarding your collegiate section. The Region Collegiate Team is always here to help, but be sure to also utilize your counselor or faculty advisor. What’s the difference between the two?
- Required for all collegiate sections to be in good standing with the society
- Elected annually
- Must be a paid SWE member
- Member of professional section or Region member-at-large (MAL)
- Non-voting member of collegiate section
- Recommended, but not required by SWE
- Often are required by universities to oversee student organizations
- Do not have to be a paid SWE member
Both counselors and faculty advisors are wonderful resources for developing your collegiate section as they can provide valuable insight and guidance and ensure you are successful. For additional training, check out this webinar!
Wishing everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving!