Society of Women Engineers Region E Blog

East Coast: we have the most!

Utilizing Counselors and Faculty Advisors

Leave a comment

As we get deeper into FY18, you may have some questions or are seeking advice regarding your collegiate section. The Region Collegiate Team is always here to help, but be sure to also utilize your counselor or faculty advisor. What’s the difference between the two?


  • Required for all collegiate sections to be in good standing with the society
  • Elected annually
  • Must be a paid SWE member
  • Member of professional section or Region member-at-large (MAL)
  • Non-voting member of collegiate section

Faculty Advisor

  • Recommended, but not required by SWE
  • Often are required by universities to oversee student organizations
  • Do not have to be a paid SWE member

Both counselors and faculty advisors are wonderful resources for developing your collegiate section as they can provide valuable insight and guidance and ensure you are successful. For additional training, check out this webinar!

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s